Check out @BookOProverbs’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/BookOProverbs/status/630235363286626304?s=09
I know it’s been a while but I won’t bore you with the details and reasons and excuses 😉
BUT! I am so excited by my very first successful attempt at basil pesto I had to share.
All I did was blend chopped garlic, cashew nuts and a bit of jalapeno. Then I added basil leaves and salt and blended some more. I poured in a few tablespoons of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and blended some more to get my desired consistency and voila! Deliciousness you have to taste to believe 🙂
Normally basil pesto includes parmesan and pine nuts but both of those were just too expensive to buy XD
It’s great to smear some on toasted bread but I had to use it on my fresh homemade pasta.
A meal that reminded me to be thankful for the fresh things in life.
It has also inspired me to start growing my own basil!
Til next time
Keep it real
I recently read a fellow blogger’s post that she dedicated to her best friend. She compiled a list of 20 things that her bestie has taught her. (see her post http://natalieslovelyblog.com/2014/12/24/20-things-my-best-friend-has-taught-me/ )
It has inspired me to do something similar.
Invaluable Lessons Learnt From A Friend
My only friend is a guy. I consider him to be one of my soul mates. Yes, I believe you can have more than one. I believe I have two. And yes, I don’t think it has anything to do with romance.
(more of my view on that : https://flutterbyinspira.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/whats-the-deal-with-soul-mates/ )
I have learnt so much from him. In ways I didn’t think were viable.
- I’ve learnt that soul mates aren’t always designed to be your spouse.
- That it is possible to live without letting anger govern any of your actions, not even an outburst of any kind.
- I learnt the value of having someone that you can go to with anything and trust that they will NEVER judge you.
- He has taught me that you don’t have to react to everything people say or do to you.
- He has taught me the value of having a kindred soul to connect with.
- I have seen the value of open communication in any relationship because of the one I have with him.
- I’ve learnt that just because it is possible to have this kind of relationship with him doesn’t mean there are others I can have the same type of relationship with. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
- He has made me aware of the power of affirmation.
- And that there is immense value in having someone who gives it to you straight.
- I have learnt that not everybody will use what you have confided in them as a weapon. I needed to learn that one, people are, or rather, can be quite terrible sometimes.
- That it is possible to live truly selflessly.
- That friendship is the space that allows you to share physical space with someone without saying a word and emerge from it feeling refreshed and grateful.
- And that it is perfectly ok to disagree vigorously. It does not change the dynamic of a solid relationship. In fact it should make it stronger.
- I’ve learnt to appreciate early morning coffees, milky tea, double-decker sarmies, late night movies, the discovery channel, chocolate-stoney get-togethers, listening to music in the dark and silent drives to beautiful places.
- One of the best things I’ve been taught from my bestie is that sometimes what I think I need is not what I need at all. It’s comforting to know that there is someone out there who sees through me well enough to do, for me, what I need most at the exact time I need it
The thought of losing him used to panic me, but we have evolved beautifully. We love without regrets and that means being grateful for what we have been gifted with and being content with it. He has invaded my space in ways I did not know was possible while respecting me all at the same time. (His response to that particular line would be…”it’s not invading if the space is already yours”.)
More than a few times people have suggested that we are biased in our relating to each other. My response to them – no one else would be able to handle how direct we are with each other. They don’t want to.
I always think about that. People don’t often truly appreciate that kind of direct interaction. They stumble and get offended and give you the cold shoulder.
I am the kind of soul who really appreciates genuine people. People, who without an ounce of nastiness, will tell me the truth about anything, who won’t hide behind what society has taught them “is just not done that way”, who don’t have a hidden agenda, who won’t fake their help or love or like or dislike or anger or sadness. I have found very few people in my days on this earth that can do that.
I think it’s because there are so many souls out there who are easily offended because they have claimed a right to not be treated a certain way. They think in lines of not deserving certain treatment and won’t accept anything sub-standard. I am not saying we are worth nothing and deserve to be trashed in any way. I am saying, there is a bigger picture. People like Ghandi, Jesus, the apostles, various cultures and races, have suffered and have been tortured and killed for effecting changes I only dream of now. They definitely didn’t deserve the treatment they got. But they did not allow it to make them back down from what they were passionate about. Why should we?
My friend, only by God’s grace, has made me aware of all of this and so much more. I miss him dearly.
I am grateful.
Just quick post to express gratitude for the truth.
I am in this world and thankfully not of it and that gives me reason to be grateful.
A couple of years ago I fell headlong into a state of depression.
Most of it fuelled by the wicked nature of what this world was dishing out. Not only to me, but also to the innocent and helpless.
Life was not fair. It still isn’t.
But I am grateful that I have received a new hope for a new life where justice reigns.
This world is not my home. I’m just passing through. While I do, I am thankful for the strength and wisdom this journey affords me.
Thankful that while I am in it I am not of it.
So doing, I strive to embrace each challenge because it brings me closer to my hometown and my Abba
I don’t often make the time to read too many other blogs.
Mainly because I often get lost in them or rather lost in the reading of them. I’ve mentioned it before but I have to say it again…. I love reading.
So when I go to my reader I get right in there and its very hard to stop.
One of the things that keep me there is when I find a freshly pressed post that hits the nail on the head and causes me to pause and think. It makes me want to check what else the blogger has to say. Before I know it I’ve been through their entire blog, read most of the comments and ofcourse, subscribed to their blog.
One thing that I am always grateful for is when I find a post or blogger that resonates what I have within me. Especially when they are saying something I have yet to find a way to put into words.
It becomes one of those moments you sit back and go… Thats what I would have said. Someone else gets it. I am not alone.
Today has been a day like that. Where I have found, amongst my fellow bloggers, kindred spirits whose hearts seem to be beating in a rhythm similar to mine.
We will never be exactly the same but in being, believing or thinking alike we share a channel (regardless of its size or shape) in this gigantic universe.
It’s a wonderfully beautiful thing 😀 ❤
This post is a shout out to all my homies who get it along with me…. helllllooooooooooooo my peoples! I love you!
My soul magnifies the Lord!
My heart joys in the God of my salvation
I will sing and dance in the presence of my Saviour
For He is mighty
For He is worthy
Great and awesome is the Lord our God
He is mighty to save, heal and deliver
He is indescribable
Great in battle
Great in wonder
All of creation bows in awe
I stand in awe of You
In awe of Your greatness and Your wondrous love
I love You Abba because You loved me first
You took me as I am
Without question as to my many faults and failures
You inspire me to love and worship with reckless abandon
I will extol Thee oh God
You are rock
You are my Defender
I have nothing if I do not have You
Each day I am overwhelmed by Your everlasting love towards me
Oh that I may dwell in Your house forevermore
Your love has perfected me
Thank You for loving me
Thank You for justifying me
Thank You for Your awesome Grace and Your perfect mercy
Thank You for thinking of me
Thank You for being just
Thank You for being real with me
More Soulful entries here
Inspired and Loved
You can also Follow my blog with Bloglovin
If you have something to say about something that bothers you why not say it to the people involved.
There are too many people who have too much to say but they don’t want to say it to the people they have issue with.
However, what surprises me is that they have no problem mouthing off at random acquaintances on social media.
Now I realize this post could sound like I am doing exactly the same thing. But I’m not. I am very passionate about telling it like it is to the people who actually need to hear it.
I just thought I’d share my view.
If you’re not willing to effect a change and make a difference with what you say its just empty words taking up vacant space.
Just keep quiet.
May all of our words aid in fulfilling the purpose we have been created for.
Inspired and Loved
You can also Follow my blog with Bloglovin